Definition of Toetoes
1. toetoe [n] - See also: toetoe
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Toetoes Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Toetoes
Literary usage of Toetoes
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Geography of New Zealand for Senior Pupils in the Public Schools by J. R. Macdonald (1903)
"The Mataura rises in the Eyre Mountains, to the west- of Kingston, and flows south through Otago into toetoes Bay. After leaving the mountainous country ..."
2. A school geography of New Zealand by Donald Petrie (1880)
"The Mataura drains a considerable mountainous area in the centre of Otago, and flows south into toetoes Bay. ..."
3. New Zealand Official Yearbook by New Zealand. Dept. of Statistics, New Zealand Registrar-General's Office, New Zealand Census and Statistics Dept (1906)
"... Waihopai toetoes Total of county Stewart Island— North South Total of county Islands— Antipodes Auckland Campbell ' Cook Outlying'! ..."
4. From New York to New Zealand: Or, The New Century Trip by C. W. McMurran (1904)
"Bushes rich in foliage, flowering-shrubs, tall feathery- headed toetoes swaying to the breezes, ferns with fronds of the most delicate design and the most ..."