Definition of Tonnags
1. tonnag [n] - See also: tonnag
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tonnags Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tonnags
tonka bean tree
tonnags (current term)
Literary usage of Tonnags
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Life of Thomas Jefferson by Henry Stephens Randall (1858)
"... exhibits the tonnage of some of the principal ports of the Union during the year in which the Embargo was repealed, and the succeeding one:' tonnags of ..."
2. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and General by Thomas Spencer Baynes (1888)
"... the number of vessels entering and leaving the port vas 20-11, with a registered tonnags of ..."
3. Hazard's United States Commercial and Statistical Register: Containing edited by Samuel Hazard (1841)
"... and the tonnags thereof, in each State and Territory, of the United Statei, far the year ending on the 30M September, 1839. ..."
4. The History of Canada: From Its First Discovery to the Present Time by John Mercier McMullen (1855)
"... the expenditure hid risen to about £40000 currency ; 146 vessels, of an aggregate tonnags of 25136 tons, visited Quebec during the season. ..."