Definition of Top billing
1. Noun. The advertisement of a star's name at the top of a theatrical poster.
Generic synonyms: Ad, Advert, Advertisement, Advertising, Advertizement, Advertizing
Top Billing Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Top Billing Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Top Billing
Literary usage of Top billing
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Island Song Lyrics by Larry W. Jones (2003)
"top billing (09/07/2002) (#295) Islands are always top billing For lovers ... to be your top billing, you see Islands brought love on the evening tide I'll ..."
2. The Gold Chain: A California Family Sagaby Regina V. Phelan by Regina V. Phelan (1987)
"Rosa and Lavater were the stars of the show, receiving top billing both on the program and on the handbills. Charles, only a baby, performed with his father ..."
3. Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of English Usage by Inc. Merriam-Webster (1994)
"... the indefinite you received top billing under the Misuses of Pronouns heading, ranking ahead of the indefinite they and the use of it without an ..."
4. Atlantic Canada by Benoit Prieur (2002)
"The chef outdoes himself concocting delicious dishes prepared and presented in an original manner. top billing goes to pasta, which is served with fresh, ..."
5. Do the Right Thing: The People's Economist Speaks by Walter Edward Williams (1995)
"We give top billing to afternoon TV talk shows that feature grossly deviant behavior. It's one thing to be tolerant of private deviant behavior. ..."
6. Lost Crops of Africa: Grains edited by F. R. Ruskin (1999)
"It shares top billing with pearl millet in the drier zones and with maize in the wetter ones. In fact, Africa devotes more hectares to sorghum and millet ..."