¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Trattoria
1. [n -TORIAS or -TORIE]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Trattoria Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Trattoria
Literary usage of Trattoria
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Picturesque Sicily by William Agnew Paton (1897)
"From La Porta Garibaldi, La Via Liberta leads to II Corso Ruggiero, where we found a " trattoria," which we entered, intending to break our fast. ..."
2. The Riviera by William Scott (1907)
"where, at the trattoria del Merula, they will find rough accommodation and ... Opposite the station of Andora there is also a trattoria where food and ..."
3. Letters from Abroad to Kindred at Home by Catharine Maria Sedgwick (1841)
"and around them, and then returned to the little trattoria, the only shelter here, to comfort ourselves beside the blazing fagots with hot soup and mezzo ..."
4. Letters of a Baritone by Francis Walker (1895)
"The trattoria on Market-day.—A Magnificent scena and its Closing Cadence.—Gain in Lower Tones.—The vibrato Compared to the tremolo. ..."
5. Florence, the New Capital of Italy by Charles Richard Weld (1867)
"... Florence—The Luna trattoria—Restaurant de Paris—The Fenice—The Florence Flower-girls—Smoking at Dinner—Price of Fuel—The Eight Winds of Florence—Prices ..."
6. Views A-foot: Or, Europe Seen with Knapsack and Staff by Bayard Taylor (1882)
"... Square of tha Pantheon—Profane and Pious Beggars—The trattoria del Sole—Impressions of Roman Ruins— The Coliseum by Moonlight ROME, December 29, 1845. ..."
7. Impressions of Central and Southern Europe: Being Notes of Successive by William Edward Baxter (1850)
"A trattoria. THE STRADA TOLEDO. THE CITADEL.—MAGNIFICENCE OF THE PROSPECT FROM IT. OUE troubles at the Neapolitan custom house being over, we were glad to ..."
8. Last Winter in Rome by Charles Richard Weld (1865)
"... SM Martino — New Road under S. Elmo— New Protestant Church— A trattoria— Unruly behaviour of Italian Officers— Teatro di San Carlino — Pulcinella. ..."