Definition of Traumatic epilepsy
1. Noun. A convulsive epileptic state caused by a head injury.
Traumatic Epilepsy Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Traumatic Epilepsy Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Traumatic Epilepsy
Literary usage of Traumatic epilepsy
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1901)
"TWO CASES OF OPERATION FOR traumatic epilepsy; IN ONE OF WHICH THE LATERAL VENTRICLE ... CASE I. traumatic epilepsy; wide opening of the lateral ventricle; ..."
2. Surgical Diagnosis by Daniel Nathan Eisendrath (1909)
"The diagnosis of traumatic epilepsy depends upon a careful analysis of the following factors: First, an accurate history of a recent or old trauma to the ..."
3. The North American Medical and Surgical Journal (1828)
"traumatic epilepsy cured by Trephining.—We have been favoured by the editors, with the first number of the Transylvania Journal of Medicine, and have been ..."
4. Oxford Loose-leaf Surgery by F. F. Burghard, Allen Buckner Kanavel (1919)
"CHAPTER V OPERATIONS FOR traumatic epilepsy AND INSANITY: CLOSURE OF ... A. In traumatic epilepsy. According to the laic Professor von Bergmann,l the ..."
5. Brain Surgery by Moses Allen Starr (1893)
"traumatic epilepsy. The Operation for Epilepsy. Records of Cases of Epilepsy operated upon. ... and traumatic epilepsy. The Results of Trephining for ..."
6. A Dictionary of Psychological Medicine: Giving the Definition, Etymology and by Daniel Hack Tuke (1892)
"The principal psychoses occurring at » late stage are associated with traumatic epilepsy. In these instances distinct pathological changes will be found, ..."