Definition of Travel to
1. Verb. Go to certain places as for sightseeing. "Did you ever visit Paris?"
Generic synonyms: Jaunt, Travel, Trip
Specialized synonyms: Sightsee, Frequent, Haunt
Derivative terms: Visiting, Visitor
Travel To Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Travel To Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Travel To
Literary usage of Travel to
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Dictionary of the English Language: In which the Words are Deduced from ...by Samuel Johnson by Samuel Johnson (1805)
"The nauseous qualms of ten long months and Thy mother well deserves that short delight, travel to requite. /',;/..-,. 5. TRAVELS. ..."
2. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1920)
"I never saw the cow in that yard, but have seen it in the lane on its travel to and from the pasture." (Italics ours.) CJ Melvin, chief sanitary Inspector, ..."
3. Works by Manuel Márquez Sterling, William Makepeace Thackeray, Leslie Stephen, Louise Stanage (1902)
"I travel to FRANCE AND BRING HOME A PORTRAIT OF RIGAUD. R. ESMOND did not think fit to take leave at Court, or to inform all the world of Pall Mall and the ..."
4. The Works of William Makepeace Thackeray by William Makepeace Thackeray (1868)
"I travel to FRANCE AND BRING HOME A PORTRAIT OF RIGAUD. MR. ESMOND did not think fit to take leave ..."