Definition of Tree branch
1. Noun. Any of the main branches arising from the trunk or a bough of a tree.
Group relationships: Tree
Generic synonyms: Branch
Specialized synonyms: Stick, Bough
Tree Branch Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tree Branch Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tree Branch
Literary usage of Tree branch
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proserpina: Studies of Wayside Flowers, While the Air was Yet Pure Among the by John Ruskin (1882)
"An ordinary tree branch, in transverse sec- FIG. 26. tion, consists essentially of three parts only,—the Pith, Wood, ..."
2. The Gypsy Moth: Porthetria Dispar (Linn.). A Report of the Work of by Edward Howe Forbush, Charles Henry Fernald, Massachusetts State Board of Agriculture (1896)
"An apple-tree branch was used as a check to experiment No. ... An apple-tree branch was sprayed with Paris green, in the proportion of 1 Ib. to 150 gal. of ..."
3. Transactions of the Manchester Geological Society by Manchester Geological Society (1890)
"Mr. GH Ho I.LI NG WORTH exhibited a tree branch which he had found in the drift ... The only peculiarity about the tree branch was the depth at which it was ..."
4. The Practitioner by Gale Group, ProQuest Information and Learning Company (1908)
"Such " tree- branch " arrangements must have been noticed by many observers, but there does not appear to be much, if, indeed, any, comment made on the ..."