¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Treponemal
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Treponemal Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Treponemal
Literary usage of Treponemal
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Guide to Clinical Preventive Services: Report of the U. S. Preventive by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"Used in concert with nontreponemal tests, however, the positive predictive value of treponemal tests is high, and reactive results are likely to represent ..."
2. Clinician's Handbook of Preventive Services: Put Prevention Into Practice by DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
"If a sample is RPR- or VDRL-reactive, a treponemal test, such as the Fluorescent treponemal Antibody Absorption (FTA-ABS) Test, should be obtained to ..."
3. Neurological Bulletin by Frederick Tilney, Columbia University Dept. of Neurology, Columbia University, Dept. of Neurology (1921)
"On the other hand, a study of pathological changes in neurosyphilis makes it clear that the impact of the treponemal invasion may fall with preponderant ..."
4. State Methadone Treatment Guidelines: A Treatment Improvement Protocol by DIANE Publishing Company (1994)
"All positive tests should be confirmed with a treponemal antigen test, such as the Fluorescent treponemal Antibody Absorption ..."
5. The Harvey Lectures by Harvey Society of New York, New York Academy of Medicine (1917)
"... acute and brief and that of the treponemal invasion runs a chronic course, as instanced in the former case by the type of relapsing and tick fevers and ..."
6. Guide To Clinical Preventive Services by U. S. Preventive Services Task Force (1989)
"Comparison of a hemagglutination treponemal test for syphilis (HATTS) with other sérologie methods for the diagnosis of syphilis. Sex Transm Dis 1978; ..."
7. Getting Fit Your Way: A Self-paced Fitness Guide (1993)
"More specific tests for syphilis, such as the fluorescent treponemal antibody-absorbed (FTA-ABS) and microhemagglutination- Treponema pallidum (MHA-TP) ..."