Definition of Tropical zone
1. Noun. The part of the Earth's surface between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn; characterized by a hot climate.
Tropical Zone Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tropical Zone Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tropical Zone
Literary usage of Tropical zone
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Physiography by Rollin D. Salisbury (1907)
"THE CLIMATES OF THE SEVERAL ZONES The tropical zone The leading ... The prevailing winds of the tropical zone are easterly,—northeasterly in the northern ..."
2. The Earth and Man, Lectures on Comparative Physical Geography in Its by Arnold Guyot (1890)
"... and commerce—The law of the rotation of the winds—Circumstances favorable to the precipitation of vapors—Bains of the tropical zone—Rains in the region ..."
3. The Ocean, Atmosphere, and Life: Being the Second Series of a Descriptive by Elisée Reclus (1874)
"Thus, in the tropical zone, there is a complete contrast between deserts destitute ... In many regions of the tropical zone, all that man has to do when in ..."
4. List of North American Land Mammals in the United States National Museum, 1911 by Gerrit Smith Miller (1912)
"Fauna, No. 34, p. 40. September 7, 1911. TYPE LOCALITY.—Pinotepa, Oaxaca, Mexico. RANGED—Arid coastal region of southwestern Oaxaca. Arid tropical zone. ..."
5. The Elements of Geography by Rollin D. Salisbury, Harlan Harland Barrows, Walter Sheldon Tower (1912)
"The tropical zone, as usually defined, is limited by the Tropic of Cancer on the north, ... While each of these definitions of the tropical zone has merit, ..."
6. Modern Geography for High Schools by Rollin D. Salisbury, Harlan Harland Barrows, Walter Sheldon Tower (1913)
"The tropical zone, as usually defined, is limited by the tropic of Cancer on ... Defined by parallels, the tropical zone covers about two-fifths the area of ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Tropical zone