Definition of Tryings
1. trying [n] - See also: trying
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tryings Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tryings
tryings (current term)
Literary usage of Tryings
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Publications by Folklore Society (Great Britain) (1897)
"In moderate cases there would be three ' tryings' at intervals of twelve hours. ... At the last of these tryings no signs of Thrush remained. ..."
2. The Complete Works of John Lyly by John Lyly, Richard Warwick Bond (1902)
"... putting a sworde into the hande, where there is but a sheath, teaching them to strike, that put vs to our tryings by 5 warding, whiche woulde double our ..."
3. Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine (1894)
"... and looking at patterns and tryings on. She could not at all explain to herself the Englishwoman's ardour in the cause, nor why Miss Riddell should have ..."
4. Macmillan's Magazine by David Masson, George Grove, John Morley, Mowbray Morris (1888)
"... their old companion had fallen av There were no more wanderings public places, no more tryings of : cafes. Mr. Dosson used to look sc times as he had ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Tryings