Definition of Tuberculin test
1. Noun. A skin test to determine past or present infection with the tuberculosis bacterium; based on hypersensitivity of the skin to tuberculin.
Generic synonyms: Skin Test
Specialized synonyms: Mantoux Test, Tine Test
Medical Definition of Tuberculin test
Tuberculin Test Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tuberculin Test Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tuberculin Test
Literary usage of Tuberculin test
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Parliamentary Debates by Great Britain Parliament (1908)
"JA PEASE: The Argentine General Sanitary Regulations of 1903 provide for the application of the tuberculin test to imported animals at the end of the period ..."
2. The Medical Clinics of North America by Richard J. Havel, K. Patrick Ober (1918)
"Moro's tuberculin test, in which tuberculin is incorporated in an ointment and the ... Intracutaneous tuberculin test.—Although Mendel first suggested ..."
3. Proceedings of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (1896)
"... twenty days after emerging from the egg. This paper wan illustrated by charts. TEMPERATURE FLUCTUATIONS OF CATTLE AS BEARING ON THE " tuberculin test. ..."
4. Principles of Immunology by Howard Thomas Karsner, Enrique Eduardo Ecker (1921)
"Following a subcutaneous tuberculin test. a similar reaction may appear in the track ... The Percutaneous tuberculin test,—This test was devised by Moro and ..."
5. City Milk Supply by Horatio Newton Parker (1917)
"A shortcoming of the tuberculin test is that it gives no idea of the severity of the ... tuberculin test as a Criterion for Excluding Milk from the Market. ..."
6. Guide To Clinical Preventive Services by U. S. Preventive Services Task Force (1989)
"A study of variability in tuberculin test reading. Am Rev Resp Dis 1964; 90:913-9. ... Taylor WC, Aronson MD, Delbanco TL. a positive tuberculin test take ..."