Definition of Tumble-dryer
1. Noun. A clothes dryer that spins wet clothes inside a cylinder with heated air.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tumble-dryer Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tumble-dryer
tumble-dryer (current term)
Literary usage of Tumble-dryer
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Eternally Yours: Time in Design : Product, Value, Sustenanceby Ed van Hinte by Ed van Hinte (2004)
"One example is the electric tumble- dryer. In this case the technologies incorporated into tne product will include an electric motor and heating When we ..."
2. Adventure Guide to Ireland by Tina Neylon (2004)
"It's centrally heated and is very well equipped with washing machine, tumble dryer, clothes drying facilities, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave, TV, ..."
3. England, Scotland, Wales & Ireland Farm Holidays 2005 by FHG Staff (2005)
"... washing machine, dishwasher and tumble dryer. One double bedroom and one with twin beds, linen supplied, and bathroom with bath and shower upstairs. ..."
4. Much Bigger Than Grownups: Chronicles of a Native South Africanby Shelley Wood Gauld by Shelley Wood Gauld (2006)
"I then asked how they managed their laundry during those winters, before the advent of the washing machine and tumble dryer. He explained that wet "mangled" ..."
5. The Letters of Marmot Brown: An Anthology of Letters to a Local Newspaper by Malgorzata Dunning Publishing (2005)
"This includes a fridge-Freezer, Dish Washer, Tumble Dryer, and where. For example do you need to go to the garden shed to do the washing? ..."