Definition of Tump over
1. Verb. Cause to overturn from an upright or normal position. "These cars won't tump over "; "He tumped over his beer"
Generic synonyms: Displace, Move
Causes: Overturn, Tip Over, Turn Over
Related verbs: Overturn, Tip Over, Turn Over
Derivative terms: Overturn, Turnover, Upset
2. Verb. Turn from an upright or normal position. "These cars won't tump over "; "The canoe tumped over"
Specialized synonyms: Capsize, Turn Turtle, Turtle, Upend
Generic synonyms: Turn
Related verbs: Bowl Over, Knock Over, Overturn, Tip Over, Turn Over, Upset
Derivative terms: Overturn, Turnover
Tump Over Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Tump Over Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Tump Over
Literary usage of Tump over
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Cobbett's Complete Collection of State Trials and Proceedings for High ...by William Cobbett, David Jardine by William Cobbett, David Jardine (1820)
"In consequence of tue signal being hoisted, did any boats come from the shore to jour assistance?—Yes; after the ship had tump] over. How long had the water ..."
2. Report on Coal in Alaska for Use in United States Navy: A Letter from the by United States Navy Dept (1914)
"... there was a further rejection of washed screenings 4 to 10 mesh, and the coal as fired was a mixture of hand-picked tump over seven-eighths-inch screen, ..."
3. Wales: A National Magazine for the English Speaking Parts of Wales by Owen Morgan Edwards (1897)
"... the round tower which he called his castle, and which stood upon an imposing tump over-looking the bosky level near the confluence of Wye and Severn. ..."