¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Turfgrass
1. [n -ES]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Turfgrass Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Turfgrass
Literary usage of Turfgrass
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Potential Groundwater Contamination from Intentional and Nonintentional by Robert Pitt, Shirley Clark, Keith Parmer (1994)
"Petrovic, AM "The Fate Of Nitrogenous Fertilizers Applied To turfgrass. ... Nitrogenous fertilizer applied to turfgrass could pose a threat to groundwater ..."
2. 57 Ways to Protect Your Home Environment (& Yourself) by Rick Weinzierl (1999)
"Develop reasonable expectations A typical lawn of 5000 square feet contains approximately four million turfgrass plants, making it difficult to sustain a ..."
3. Pesticides in Air: Development of Predictive Methods for Estimating by Dennis P. H. Hsieh, James N. Seiber, James E. Woodrow (1998)
"Pendimethalin volatility following application to turfgrass. ... Field chamber technique for measuring pendimethalin airborne loss from turfgrass. Bull. ..."
4. Irrigating Efficiently: Bibliography, January 88-February 94 by Joe Makuch, Bonnie Emmert (1994)
"The objective of this research was to quantify the water balances of three turfgrass sites controlled by an evapotranspiration (ET) feedback system and ..."
5. IPM (Integrated Pest Management) and Biological Control of Plant Pests by Jane P. Gates (1994)
"Proceedings - Virginia turfgrass Landscape Conference (30th): p. 26-30; 1990 Dec. Meeting held January 15-18, 1990, Richmond, Virginia. ..."