Definition of Turn signal
1. Noun. A blinking light on a motor vehicle that indicates the direction in which the vehicle is about to turn.
Group relationships: Electrical System
Generic synonyms: Visual Signal
Derivative terms: Blink
Turn Signal Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Turn Signal Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Turn Signal
Literary usage of Turn signal
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Notes on Railroad Accidents by Charles Francis Adams (1879)
"turn signal that the preceding train was out, tried to stop him by waving his red flag. It was too late, however, and the train passed in. ..."
2. Anabolic Steroid Abuse by Geraline C. Lin (1996)
"... driving down Santa Monica Boulevard and became incensed that the driver in front of him had left his right turn signal flashing without making the turn. ..."
3. Field Methods in Petroleum Geology by Guy Henry Cox (1921)
"The station having been recognized by the instrument man, the rodman after giving the turn signal for such a time that he is sure that the instrument man ..."
4. Mexico's Gulf Coast by Joanie Sanchez (2004)
"Many times, the person that you are trying to pass will turn on his or her left turn signal, and move slightly to the shoulder (if there is ..."