Definition of Water nymph
1. Noun. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers; of fresh or brackish water.
Group relationships: Genus Naias, Genus Najas, Naias, Najas
Generic synonyms: Aquatic Plant, Hydrophyte, Hydrophytic Plant, Water Plant
2. Noun. A water lily having large leaves and showy fragrant flowers that float on the water; of temperate and tropical regions.
Generic synonyms: Water Lily
Group relationships: Genus Nymphaea, Nymphaea
3. Noun. (Greek mythology) any nymph of the water.
Specialized synonyms: Sea Nymph, Naiad
Generic synonyms: Nymph
4. Noun. A fairy that inhabits water.
Generic synonyms: Faerie, Faery, Fairy, Fay, Sprite
Specialized synonyms: Undine
Medical Definition of Water nymph
1. A goddess of any stream or other body of water, whether one of the Naiads, Nereids, or Oceanides.
Water Nymph Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Water Nymph Images