¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Antismoke
Lexicographical Neighbors of Antismoke
Literary usage of Antismoke
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Diseases of Occupation and Vocational Hygiene by George Martin Kober, William Clinton Hanson (1916)
"The effects of smoke and soot upon the health of workers and the community has been studied by Ascher of Germany, and by numerous antismoke commissions both ..."
2. The World Book: Organized Knowledge in Story and Picture edited by Michael Vincent O'Shea, Ellsworth D. Foster, George Herbert Locke (1918)
"A child is introduced to her teacher and into a new environment when she is sent to school; a Congressman introduces an antismoke bill in the ..."
3. District of Columbia Appropriation Bill, 1917: Hearings...64th Congress, 1st by United States, Senate, Congress, Committee on Appropriations (1916)
"The antismoke law is not obeyed in this city. It is violated every day and almost every minute of every day. Mr. BLAIR. I should not be willing to be put in ..."
4. Hearings Before Subcommittee of House Committee on Appropriations by United States, Congress, Committee on Appropriations, House (1906)
"... changing the grates of the furnaces in order to burn the same, with a view to complying strictly with the provisions of the antismoke act. Doctor WHITE. ..."
5. Hearings Before the Subcommittee of the Committee on Appropriations, House by United States, Congress, Committee on Appropriations, House (1908)
"Why do you use anthracite when the Interior Department is able, without violating the antismoke law, to use bituminous coal in the thickly settled part of ..."