Definition of Aswan High Dam
1. Noun. One of the world's largest dams on the Nile River in southern Egypt.
Generic synonyms: Dam, Dike, Dyke
Group relationships: Arab Republic Of Egypt, Egypt, United Arab Republic
Aswan High Dam Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Aswan High Dam Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Aswan High Dam
Literary usage of Aswan High Dam
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Managing Water for Peace in the Middle East; Alternative Strategies by Masahiro Murakami (1995)
"2.4.6 The Aswan high dam The importance of energy production at the Aswan high ... The construction of the Aswan high dam has affected the entire economy of ..."
2. Egypt by Jack Altman (2000)
"The temples of lsis on Philae lsland were saved by modern engineers and archaeologists from flooding by the Aswan High Dam. The present sanctuary should ..."
3. The Mekong: Environment and Development by Hiroshi Hori (2000)
"Water leakage from the Aswan High Dam In the 1950s and 1960s, when the Soviets were helping to build the Aswan High Dam while the world watched, ..."
4. The Estimation of Recent Trends in Fertility and Mortality in Egypt by Assembly of Behavioral and Social Sciences (U.S.). Committee on Population and Demography. Panel on Egypt, National Research Council (U.S.). Committee on Population and Demography. Panel on Egypt (1982)
"The Aswan High Dam, in addition to providing cheap hydroelectric power, has made it possible to control the annual flooding and to provide a more steady ..."
5. Egypt by Eva Ambros (2001)
"1956 The Suez Canal is nationalized by the Egyptian state in order to finance the Aswan High Dam. England, France and Israel occupy the Canal Zone. ..."
6. The Effects of Food Price and Subsidy Policies on Egyptian Agriculture by Joachim Von Braun, Hartwig de Haen (1983)
"Figure8—Public investment in agriculture, 1965-80 1975 LE Million 170 - 160 150 140 - 130 120 - 110- 100 90 - 80- 70- 60- 50 40 30 ^ 20 10H Aswan High Dam ..."