Definition of Britannias
1. britannia [n] - See also: britannia
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Britannias Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Britannias
Literary usage of Britannias
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The State Records of North Carolina by North Carolina, Walter Clark, William Laurence Saunders, Stephen Beauregard Weeks (1898)
"I should have purchased linen for yr. hunting shirt, but wait to know if the Britannias will answer that purpose. Please to give my Compliments to Col. ..."
2. A Catalogue of a Portion of the Library of Charles Isaac Elton and Mary by Charles Isaac Elton (1891)
"... Britannias Choro- graphia, &c. London, 1709. 4to. From the Osterley Park Collection. ... Britannias ..."
3. An Olla Podrida: Or, Scraps, Numismatic, Antiquarian, and Literary by Richard Sainthill (1853)
"I have now only to request the attention and consideration of my readers to the plate that will accompany this subject, in which the Britannias of Droz and ..."
4. Reports of Judicial Decisions in the State of South Carolina, from 1793 to 1816 by South Carolina Courts (1840)
"In the letter of the plaintiffs, which contained these instructions, a hope or expectation is expressed that the britannias would sell for ten or eight ..."