Definition of CO
1. Noun. An odorless very poisonous gas that is a product of incomplete combustion of carbon.
2. Noun. A hard ferromagnetic silver-white bivalent or trivalent metallic element; a trace element in plant and animal nutrition.
Generic synonyms: Metal, Metallic Element
Specialized synonyms: Cobalt 60
Substance meronyms: Cobaltite, Smaltite
3. Noun. One who refuses to serve in the armed forces on grounds of conscience.
Generic synonyms: Contestant, Dissenter, Dissident, Objector, Protester
4. Noun. A state in west central United States in the Rocky Mountains.
Terms within: Mesa Verde National Park, Rocky Mountain National Park, Boulder, Colorado Springs, Capital Of Colorado, Denver, Mile-high City, Pueblo, Arkansas, Arkansas River, Colorado, Colorado River, Colorado Plateau, North Platte, North Platte River, Pike's Peak, Republican, Republican River, San Juan Mountains, Mount Sherman, Sherman, South Platte, South Platte River
Generic synonyms: American State
Group relationships: America, The States, U.s., U.s.a., United States, United States Of America, Us, Usa
Definition of CO
1. Abbreviation. Colorado, a state of the United States of America. ¹
2. Abbreviation. County. ¹
3. Initialism. (military) commanding officer ¹
4. Initialism. (military) commissioned officer ¹
5. Initialism. (US)(law enforcement) corrections officer ¹
6. Abbreviation. company , (alternative form of Co.) ¹
7. Noun. (slang) company ¹
8. Pronoun. (neologism) they (qualifier singular). (non-gloss definition Gender-neutral subject pronoun, coordinate with gendered pronouns (term he) and (term she).) ¹
9. Pronoun. (neologism) them (qualifier singular). (non-gloss definition Gender-neutral object pronoun, coordinate with gendered pronouns (term him) and (term her).) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Medical Definition of CO
1. Symbol for carbon monoxide, cobalt; coccygeal. (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: CO Images