Definition of Cascade Mountains
1. Noun. A mountain range in the northwestern United States extending through Washington and Oregon and northern California; a part of the Coast Range.
Group relationships: Northwest, Northwestern United States, Coast Mountains, Coast Range
Terms within: Mount Saint Helens, Mount St. Helens, Mt. St. Helens, Adams, Mount Adams, Mount Ranier, Mount Tacoma, Mt. Ranier, Ranier
Generic synonyms: Chain, Chain Of Mountains, Mountain Chain, Mountain Range, Range, Range Of Mountains
Lexicographical Neighbors of Cascade Mountains
Literary usage of Cascade Mountains
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Forest Physiography: Physiography of the United States and Principles of by Isaiah Bowman (1911)
"In the earlier descriptions of the Cascade Mountains great attention was paid to the line of lofty volcanoes that are dominating elements in almost every ..."
2. Proceedings by Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain), Norton Shaw, Francis Galton, William Spottiswoode, Clements Robert Markham, Henry Walter Bates, John Scott Keltie (1867)
"A Journey across the Cascade Mountains into Eastern Oregon and a Description of Idaho Territory. By ROBERT BROWN, Esq., PRGs [Extracts. ..."
3. Glaciers of North America: A Reading Lesson for Students of Geography and by Israel Cook Russell (1897)
"GLACIERS OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA AND THE Cascade Mountains. ... North of California the chain had received the name of the Cascade mountains, and, ..."
4. Volcanoes of North America: A Reading Lesson for Students of Geography and by Israel Cook Russell (1897)
"THE Cascade Mountains The Cascade Mountains extend from northern California northward, with a nearly north and south trend, across Oregon and Washington. ..."
5. Report of the Annual Meeting (1870)
"The region east of the Cascade Mountains. Again, the region between the ... In the same manner the region west of the Cascade Mountains and between the ..."
6. Life and Labour in the Far, Far West: Being Notes of a Tour in the Western by William Henry Barneby (1884)
"THROUGH THK Cascade Mountains. ... of Georgia—An Iron Island—The Cascade Mountains— Fraser River—How Salmon are Tinned—Now Westminster—Port Moody—The Trice ..."