¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Caziques
1. cazique [n] - See also: cazique
Lexicographical Neighbors of Caziques
cdc2+-CDC28-related protein kinase
cdc28 protein kinase
Literary usage of Caziques
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Memoirs of the Conquistador Bernal Diaz Del Castillo by Bernal Díaz del Castillo, John Ingram Lockhart (1844)
"The caziques upon this issued the necessary orders, and in a couple of days ... Hereupon the caziques answered, that they were much pleased with this great ..."
2. The Works of William Robertson: To which is Prefixed an Account of His Life by William Robertson, Alexander Stewart (1820)
"... was much abridged, and their caziques had assumed extensive authority. IT is not easy to point out the circumstances, Cauw'rf or to discover the causes, ..."
3. An Universal History: From the Earliest Accounts to the Present Time by George Sale, George Psalmanazar, Archibald Bower, George Shelvocke, John Campbell, John Swinton (1763)
"Next morning, when the caziques acquainted him, ... Above thirty caziques from the mountains, the lords of a ... caziques ruled over rough warlike ..."
4. Chronological History of the West Indies by Thomas Southey (1827)
"One of the caziques attacked the fortress an hour before the appointed time,. and ... The other caziques, however, invested Concepcion; and the garrison, ..."