2. Noun. (plural of deist) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Deists
1. deist [n] - See also: deist
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Deists Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Deists
Literary usage of Deists
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and General by Thomas Spencer Baynes (1888)
"Voltaire was to the end a deist of the school of Bolingbroke ; Rousseau could hare claimed kindred with the nobler deists. Diderot was for a tune heartily ..."
2. A Theological Dictionary: Containing Definitions of All Religious Terms; a by Charles Buck (1830)
"Deists, a class of people'whose distinct-У ing character it is, ... Т deists hold, that, considering the multiplicity : religions, the numerous pretences to ..."
3. A View of the Principal Deistical Writers that Have Appeared in England in by John Leland (1837)
"DEAR SiH, The name of Deists, as applied to those who are no friends to revealed religion, is said to have been first assumed about the middle of the ..."