Definition of Eleocharis acicularis
1. Noun. Fine-leaved aquatic spike rush; popular as aerator for aquariums.
Generic synonyms: Spike Rush
Eleocharis Acicularis Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Eleocharis Acicularis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Eleocharis Acicularis
Literary usage of Eleocharis acicularis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. An Illustrated Flora of the Northern United States: Canada and the British by Nathaniel Lord Britton, Addison Brown (1896)
"1852. Culms stout, 6'-1o' tall; spike ovoid; scales dark purple-brown. Labrador and Prince Edward Island to Hudson Bay. 11. Eleocharis acicularis (L,. ..."
2. Botanical Gazette by University of Chicago, JSTOR (Organization) (1918)
"The principal species are Eleocharis acicularis (L.) R. and S., ... Eleocharis acicularis often grows into several inches of water; such plants are sterile. ..."
3. Memoirs of the Torrey Botanical Club by Torrey Botanical Club (1894)
"Eleocharis acicularis (L.) Roem. and Schuhes, Syst. 2 : 154 (1817). Scirpus acicularis L. Sp. PI. 48 (1753).. Eleocharis acuminata (Muhl. ..."
4. List of Pteridophyta and Spermatophyta Growing Without Cultivation in by Botanical Club (1894)
"Syn. 1 : 65 (1805). 4. ELEOCHARIS R. Br. Prodr. Fl. Nov. Holl. 1 : 224 (1810).. Eleocharis acicularis (L.) Roem. and Schuhes, Syst. 2 : 154 (1817). ..."
5. Glimpses of the Cosmos by Lester Frank Ward (1913)
"Common. 136. Fuirena squarrosa, Michx. Massachusetts to Virginia and southward; also Michigan. 137. Eleocharis acicularis, R. Br. Common. (Europe. ..."