Definition of English-speaking
1. Adjective. Able to communicate in English.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: English-speaking Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of English-speaking
Literary usage of English-speaking
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Hedda Gabler: A Drama in Four Acts by Henrik Ibsen (1891)
"I have received from the author exclusive rights of translation for the English-speaking countries, and I hereby state that these rights have been purchased ..."
2. The Catholic Encyclopedia: An International Work of Reference on the by Charles George Herbermann (1913)
"St. Mary's Academy, Winnipeg, is for English-speaking girls. The Sisters of the Five Wounds have four convents in the French parishes of Notre Dame de ..."
3. Immigration and Labor: The Economic Aspects of European Immigration to the by Isaac Aaronovich Hourwich (1912)
"The distribution of the English-speaking and non-English-speaking mine workers on the scale of occupations is not uniform, and there is a wide range of ..."
4. The Edinburgh Review by Sydney Smith (1869)
"Greater Britain : a Record of Travel in English- speaking Countries, during 1866 and 1867. ... and bounding them by the area, of English-speaking countries. ..."
5. Catalogueby Colorado State Library, Washburn Observatory, Manton Free Library, Exeter, R.I. Manton Free Library, Woodman Astronomical Library, Exeter (R.I.) by Colorado State Library, Washburn Observatory, Manton Free Library, Exeter, R.I. Manton Free Library, Woodman Astronomical Library, Exeter (R.I.) (1884)
"Index to English Speaking Students who have Graduated at 1-eyden University. (Index Sot., v. 13) 1883 H 2665 Peile, Mrs. F. (A Lady. Anon. ..."
6. A History of England from the Conclusion of the Great War in 1815: New by Sir Spencer Walpole (1912)
"The growth of the English-speaking race has far exceeded the growth andof of ... The English-speaking races of the world have been doubling and are doubling ..."
7. The Works of Theodore Roosevelt by Theodore Roosevelt (1889)
"THE SPREAD OF English-speaking PEOPLES CHAPTER I THE SPREAD OF THE English-speaking PEOPLES DURING the past three centuries the spread of the ..."