Definition of Eudora Welty
1. Noun. United States writer about rural southern life (1909-2001).
Eudora Welty Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Eudora Welty Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Eudora Welty
Literary usage of Eudora Welty
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1883)
"... produced some of the best-known contemporary writers in America, such as Flannery O'Connor, Katherine Anne Porter, Eudora Welty, and Carson Mc- Cullers. ..."
2. Cancun, Cozumel and Riviera Maya Aliveby Bruce Conord by Bruce Conord (2005)
"Eudora Welty speech at Harvard, 1984 ,I he road north from Valladolid, Highway 296, passes over the toll road from ..."
3. Nonfiction Matters: Reading, Writing, and Research in Grades 3-8 by Stephanie Harvey (1998)
"William Zinsser, EB White, Eudora Welty, Donald Graves, Don Murray, Annie Dillard, Ralph Fletcher, James Kilpatrick, became our and our students' writing ..."
4. Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of English Usage by Inc. Merriam-Webster (1994)
"... 1953 I believe they picked her up without stopping — Eudora Welty, The Ponder Heart, 1954 These axioms, though they believed them to be unnecessary, ..."
5. Becoming a Literacy Leader: Supporting Learning and Changeby Jennifer Allen by Jennifer Allen (2006)
"Eudora Welty, ONE WRITER'S BEGINNINGS If you had only seven stories to tell of your life, what would they be? How would these stories reflect who you are as ..."
6. Buying Books Online: Finding Bargains and Saving Money With Booksense Stores by Stephen Windwalker (2002)
"... intimate bookstore offering titles by the newer voices of Raymond Carver and Alice Munro and by established authors like Eudora Welty and George Orwell. ..."
7. Adventure Guide to Yucatan, Cancun and Cozumel by Bruce Concord, June Concord (2003)
"Eudora Welty, speaking at Harvard, 1984 Exclusively for readers of this book, we've arranged visits to two working henequen/sisal factories to see the how ..."