Definition of First Earl of Beaconsfield
1. Noun. British statesman who as Prime Minister bought controlling interest in the Suez Canal and made Queen Victoria the empress of India (1804-1881).
First Earl Of Beaconsfield Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: First Earl Of Beaconsfield Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of First Earl Of Beaconsfield
Literary usage of First Earl of Beaconsfield
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Catalogue of Books in First Editions Selected to Illustrate the History of by Grolier Club (1917)
"BENJAMIN DISRAELI, First Earl of Beaconsfield (1804-1881) "A quite unique place in the history of English fiction will be universally allowed to be held by ..."
2. Bulletin of the Essex Institute by Essex Institute (1889)
"He spoke as follows: The late Benjamin Disraeli, first Earl of Beaconsfield, prefixed to an edition of his father's "Curiosities of Literature," which ..."
3. The World's History: A Survey of Man's Record by Hans Ferdinand Helmolt (1907)
"Benjamin Disraeli, first Earl of Beaconsfield, born 1804, entered the House of Commons in 1837 ; became leader of the Tories in the House of Commons, 1848; ..."
4. Russia in the 'eighties,': Sport and Politics by John Frederick Baddeley (1921)
"... of the lady of the house, next to S. [his adored Selina, Lady Bradford]." Life of Benjamin Disraeli, first Earl of Beaconsfield, vol. vp 390. ..."
5. Catalogue of the General Theological Library, Boston, Massachusetts: A by Mass General Theological Library (Boston (1913)
"Disraeli, Benjamin, first earl of Beaconsfield. See Beaconsfield. DISSENT. Curteis, GH Dissent in its relation to the Church of England. 3d ed. 1874. ..."
6. Hackney and Stoke Newington by Geraldine Edith Mitton (1908)
"There are slighter associations with the names of Charles and John Wesley, the first Earl of Beaconsfield, Edgar Allan Poe, Bunyan, ..."
7. Rise to World Power: Selected Letters of Whitelaw Reid, 1895-1912 by Whitelaw Reid, David R. Contosta, Jessica R. Hawthorne (1986)
"... and hero of the Battle of Manila Bay, 1 May 1898. Disraeli, Benjamin, First Earl of Beaconsfield, 1804-1881; British prime minister, 1868, 1874-1880. ..."