2. Noun. (plural of Friend) ¹
3. Noun. (plural of friend) ¹
4. Noun. Participants in a two-way friendship relationship. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Friends
1. friend [v] - See also: friend
Lexicographical Neighbors of Friends
Literary usage of Friends
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Nicomachean Ethics of Aristotle by Aristotle (1891)
"Our conclusion, therefore, is that he who is to be happy must have good friends. number of . _ 10. Are we to make as many friends as possible ? i friends. ..."
2. The Works of A. Conan Doyle by Arthur Conan Doyle (1902)
"III OF TWO Friends OF MY YOUTH I FEAR, my children, that you will think that the prologue is over long for the play ; but the foundations must be laid ..."