2. Adjective. Not feeling greasy to the touch; not leaving a non-water-soluble residue. ¹
3. Adjective. Not requiring separate lubricant. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Greaseless
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Greaseless Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Greaseless
Literary usage of Greaseless
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Bulletin of Pharmacy (1920)
"Greaseless Cold Cream. HEE asks for a formula to make a greaseless cold cream. During the year 1917 we published in the BULLETIN a series of articles by ..."
2. Journal of the American Chemical Society by American Chemical Society (1879)
"The stopcock isolating the reaction vessel from the vacuum system (a Kern high-vacuum greaseless stopcock) was then closed. Reaction was initiated by ..."
3. Proceedings of the American Pharmaceutical Association at the Annual Meeting by American Pharmaceutical Association, National Pharmaceutical Convention (1912)
"Greaseless Creams—Formulas.—Edwin B. Curtis says that in recent years there ... The greaseless variety that seems to be most prevalent in the market is a ..."
4. Nostrums and Quackery: Articles on the Nostrum Evil and Quackery Reprinted by American Medical Association (1912)
"Brunner's Greaseless Peroxid Cream John Brunner and Fred T. Barrett, who do business as the Peroxid Specialty Co., shipped from their headquarters at ..."
5. The Law of Pure Food and Drugs, National and State: With Appendices by William Wheeler Thornton (1912)
"Peroxide Specialty Co., Cincinnati, 0.;" (on carton) "Brunner's Greaseless Peroxide Cream. An ideal bleach for the skin. . . . Peroxide Specialty Co. ..."
6. The Story of Drugs: A Popular Exposition of Their Origin, Preparation and by Henry Corbin Fuller (1922)
"In the greaseless creams the soap and glycerin are beaten up with water until the ... Zinc oxide often functions in the greaseless creams, and will be found ..."
7. The Medical World (1886)
"Greaseless Application for Ulcers. As a dressing for varicose and eczematous ulcers, Unna recommends the following greaseless application : U Oxide of zinc, ..."