Definition of Greensboro
1. Noun. A city of north central North Carolina.
Group relationships: Nc, North Carolina, Old North State, Tar Heel State
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Greensboro Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Greensboro
Literary usage of Greensboro
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1921)
"ert Needham"; that after making the arrest the sheriff, by his deputy, brought the defendant in execution to Greensboro, aud upon his arrival took him to ..."
2. Hazzard's History of Henry County, Indiana, 1822-1906 by George Hazzard (1906)
"Greensboro. Mustered in September 16, 1861. Appointed Corporal and Sergeant. Wounded at Kenesaw Mountain, Georgia, June 23. 1864. Mustered out Septen.ber 21 ..."
3. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1903)
"in the city of Greensboro; and when they reached Greensboro, the defendant as the agent of the Chicago company received them from the railroad at its depot, ..."
4. Encyclopaedia Britannica, a Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and edited by Hugh Chisholm (1910)
"Greensboro is served by several lines of the Southern railway. It is situated in the Piedmont region of the state and has an excellent climate. ..."