2. Noun. (plural of grocery) Multiple retailers of groceries. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Groceries
1. grocery [n] - See also: grocery
Lexicographical Neighbors of Groceries
Literary usage of Groceries
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Dictionary of Weights and Measures for the British Isles: The Middle Ages by Ronald Edward Zupko (1985)
"Northwest—Inverness : flour and groceries. Ross and Cromarty: flour and meat. ... West centra 1—Dumbartonshire: English goods and groceries. ..."
2. Utah Gazetteer and Directory of Logan, Ogden, Provo and Salt Lake Cities by Robert W. Sloan (1884)
"Sanders J., fruit and green groceries. Savage CR, photographer, statuary ... Simon Bros., fancy dry g'ds und miU'y Simpson JW, groceries and cigars. ..."
3. The Law of Workmen's Compensation, Rules of Procedure, Tables, Forms by William Richard Schneider (1922)
"Groceries, Wholesale.—"Wholesale groceries" includes the sale of groceries in bulk to grocery stores and restaurants by one who conducts a retail store in ..."
4. The Lower Canada Jurist: Collection de Décisions Du Bas Canada by Strachan Bethune, John Sprott Archibald, William Hey, John Stuart Buchan (1862)
"The Plaintiff answered specially, repeating that the note was given for provisions, groceries and necessaries supplied to Madame Martin and used in the ..."
5. Simple Farm Accounts; a Text Book and Guide: A Text Book and Guide by Rex Ethan Willard (1922)
"Care should be exercised that nothing is included in this account except groceries, that is, food bought or received in trade (see page 19). ..."