¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Hypoallergenic
Medical Definition of Hypoallergenic
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hypoallergenic
Literary usage of Hypoallergenic
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Current Issues in Women's Health by Food and Drug Administration, DIANE Publishing Company, United States (1994)
"But there are no regulatory standards on what constitutes hypoallergenic. ... "FDA tried to publish regulations [in 1975] defining hypoallergenic to mean a ..."
2. Latex Allergies and the Health Care Industry by Charlie Norwood (2000)
"The Agency also noted that manufacturers of many products, including latex gloves, increasingly were labeling their products as "hypoallergenic. ..."
3. Code of Federal Regulations: Title 21: Food and Drugs by Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Staff (2005)
"Subpart B—Label Statements 105.62 Hypoallergenic foods. 105.65 Infant foods. 105.66 Label statements relating to usefulness in reducing or maintaining body ..."
4. Controlling Occupational Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens in Acute Care by DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
"Hypoallergenic alternatives must be available to employees who have an allergic sensitivity to protective equipment (eg, hypoallergenic or powderless ..."
5. The U. S. Coal Industry, 1970-1990: Two Decades of Change (1992)
"(Silicone rubber has the added advantage of being hypoallergenic.) Typically, the mouthpiece consists of a flange that fits between the diver's lips and ..."
6. Getting Fit Your Way: A Self-paced Fitness Guide (1993)
"It's okay to wear makeup, but try hypoallergenic brands. A brand that also includes UV protection would be good to use. If you have Raynaud's phenomenon, ..."
7. Montreal by Ulysses Travel Guides Staff (2004)
"The l32 large rooms, with their elegant furniture, reveal the comfort of this hotel. Modems and hypoallergenic bedding in the rooms. ..."
8. Wic Food Packages: Time for a Change by Institute Of Medicine, Institute of Medicine (U.S.) (2006)
"Infants also may have special dietary needs that include formulas that are hypoallergenic, thickened, used to treat diarrhea, formulated for premature ..."