Definition of Ivan IV
1. Noun. The first czar of Russia (1530-1584).
Lexicographical Neighbors of Ivan IV
Literary usage of Ivan IV
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The History of Russia from the Earliest Times to 1877 by Alfred Rambaud, Graeme Mercer Adam (1904)
"M.nority of Ivan IV.—He takes the title of Tzar (1547)—Conquest of Kazan (1552), ... THE rbk and the character of Ivan IV. have been and still are very ..."
2. The Historians' History of the World: A Comprehensive Narrative of the Rise by Henry Smith Williams (1904)
"... the furious nature of the war of two principles under Ivan IV.e THE MINORITY OF Ivan IV On the death of his father, Ivan was only three years of age. ..."
3. Russia by Astolphe Custine (1855)
"Ivan IV. — Patience Criminal. — Introduction to the History of Ivan IV. AN attack of ophthalmia, which came on between Petersburg and Moscow, gives me much ..."
4. History of Europe During the Middle Ages by Henry Hallam (1899)
"During the minority of Ivan IV., the power passed from the hands of the Regent Helena ... Under the influence of the Czarina Anastasia, Ivan IV. at first ..."
5. Historical Fiction Chronologically and Historically Related by James Ross Kaye (1920)
"Seven Years' War. Peter III, 1762. Deposed. Murdered. I. From Ivan IV to Peter the Great—Reign of Ivan IV THE STORIES A Boyar of the Terrible. 1896. ..."