Definition of Joan Miro
1. Noun. Spanish surrealist painter (1893-1983).
Joan Miro Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Joan Miro Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Joan Miro
Joan Miro (current term)
Joan of Arc
Jobert de Lamballe's fossa
Literary usage of Joan Miro
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Mallorca by Sebastian Melmoth (2001)
"In 1956, the painter Joan Miro (1893- 1983) bought a house here, set on a hill, ... Nixe Palace, Av. Joan Miro 269, tel: 971 700 888, fax: 971 403 171; ..."
2. Barcelonaby Dan Colwell by Dan Colwell (2001)
"The Fundado Joan Miro displays works by the great painter and his contemporaries. 1970s to display the works of local boy, Joan Miro (1893-1983). ..."
3. Adventure Guide to Switzerland by Kimberley Rinker (2003)
"Placido Domingo, Joan Miro, Igor Stravinsky, and Pablo Piccaso are just a few of the celebrities who have dined here. ..."
4. Budapestby Dan Colwell by Dan Colwell (2001)
"Its inspiration is the work of surrealist Spanish artist Joan Miro, and with furniture to match it's like sitting inside one of his paintings. ..."
5. Cycling in France by Carole Saint-Laurent (2003)
"The royal chapel is decorated with stained-glass windows, the only ones ever created by painter Joan Miro. To leave Senlis (from the tourist office), ..."
6. Hotels of Character & Charm in Spainby Hunter Publishing, Incorporated, Hunter Publishing, Michelle Gastaut, Fagrice Camoin, Rivages (Firm by Hunter Publishing, Incorporated, Hunter Publishing, Michelle Gastaut, Fagrice Camoin, Rivages (Firm (2001)
"Porto Pi, Joan Miro 182 - Tel. (971) 40 00 87 - Closed Saturday midday and Sundays. Old Mallorcan house. Basque 'nouvelle cuisine'. - Pts 4000. - Abaco. ..."
7. The Jewish Travel Guide by Betsy Sheldon (2001)
"Look for works by Marc Chagall, Louise Nevelson, Picasso, and Joan Miro. Hours: Monday-Friday, 9-5, and during services Friday evening and Saturday morning. ..."
8. Chicago: A Photographic Portrait by Don Brown, Photographer, Don Brown (2005)
"... Miro's "Chicago" Brunswick Plaia Spanish artist and sculptor Joan Miro created this 40-foot-tall abstract of a woman with outstretched arms. ..."