Definition of John Constable
1. Noun. English landscape painter (1776-1837).
John Constable Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: John Constable Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of John Constable
Literary usage of John Constable
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Harleian Miscellany: Or, A Collection of Scarce, Curious, and by William Oldys, John Malham (1810)
"... CAPTAIN John Constable, CAPTAIN COOPER WADE, CAPTAIN SAMUEL VINCENT, AND CAP- TAIN CHRISTOPHER FOGG, On a Complaint exhibited by the Judge-Advocate on ..."
2. Dictionary of National Biography by LESLIE. STEPHEN (1887)
"There was another John Constable, his contemporary, who was dean of Lincoln 1514-28, but he belonged to the i well-known Yorkshire family, being the fourth ..."
3. The North American Review by Making of America Project, Jared Sparks, Edward Everett, James Russell Lowell, Henry Cabot Lodge (1861)
"Memoirs of the Life of John Constable, Esq., RA By CHARLES R. LESLIE. London. 1845. 3. A Hand-Book for Young- Artists. By CR LESLIE. Lon- dou. 1855. ..."
4. A History of Lewis County, in the State of New York: From the Beginning of by Franklin Benjamin Hough (1860)
"... chiefly devolved upon his son John Constable, whose indulgence towards settlers, and whose urbane manners, have rendered him deservedly popular in the ..."
5. Great Pictures as Seen and Described by Famous Writers by Esther Singleton (1907)
"AURORA (GUIDO RENI) John Constable A LTHOUGH no distinct landscape is known by ... Leslie, Life and Letters of John Constable, RA (London, new ed., 1896). ..."
6. The Commentaries, Or Reports of Edmund Plowden: ... Containing Divers Cases by Edmund Plowden (1816)
"... then Dean of Lincoln, William Tirs:hit, Robert Dimock, Robert Constable, Knights, John Constable, then Archdeacon of Huntingdon, Edward Derby, ..."