Definition of Joint Chiefs of Staff
1. Noun. The executive agency that advises the President on military questions; composed of the chiefs of the United States Army and the United States Navy and the United States Air Force and the commandant of the United States Marine Corps.
Generic synonyms: Executive Agency
Category relationships: Armed Forces, Armed Services, Military, Military Machine, War Machine
Joint Chiefs Of Staff Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Joint Chiefs Of Staff Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Joint Chiefs Of Staff
Literary usage of Joint Chiefs of Staff
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Records Relating to American Prisoners of War and Missing in Action from the edited by Charles E. Schamel (1997)
"The file was created by the Office of the Joint Chiefs of Staff from field data sent by Military Assistance Command, Vietnam (MACV). ..."
2. Department of Defense Anthrax Vaccine Immunization Program: Congressional edited by John Warner (2001)
"LOWELL E. JACOBY, US NAVY, DIRECTOR, INTELLIGENCE DIRECTORATE, OFFICE OF THE Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral JACOBY. Mr. Chairman, distinguished members of ..."
3. C3I: Issues of Command and Control edited by Thomas P. Coakley (1991)
"The Joint Chiefs of Staff are supposed to provide military advice from a Joint perspective. That is, on the Service side, each chief attends to single- ..."
4. The History of the Unified Command Plan 1946-1993 by Ronald H. Cole (1996)
"MEMBERSHIP OF THE Joint Chiefs of Staff Chief of Staff to the Commander in Chief of the Army and Navya *Fleet ADM William D. Leahy Chairman, Joint Chiefs of ..."
5. Report of the Quadrennial Defense Review by William S. Cohen (1997)
"COMMENTS BY THE CHAIRMAN OF THE Joint Chiefs of Staff INTRODUCTION Section X The National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1997, Subtitle B, ..."