Definition of Marmora
1. Noun. An inland sea in northwestern Turkey; linked to the Black Sea by the Bosporus and linked to the Aegean by the Dardanelles.
Lexicographical Neighbors of Marmora
Literary usage of Marmora
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Cambridge Modern History by John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton Acton, Adolphus William Ward, George Walter Prothero, Ernest Alfred Benians (1909)
"Minghetti was succeeded by General Alfonso La Marmora with a Ministry consisting mainly of Piedmontese members, which induced both Chambers to approve the ..."
2. The Monthly Review by Ralph Griffiths (1826)
"Par le Chevalier Albert de la Marmora. 8vo. avec Atlas in fol. Paris. ... M. de la Marmora seems to have followed closely the plan of Azuni, whose work on ..."
3. Constantinople by Edwin Augustus Grosvenor (1895)
"THE WALL ON THE Marmora THE wall on the Marmora was begun by Constantine when he ... Greatly damaged by the Marmora in a furious storm, it was partially ..."
4. The New American Cyclopaedia: A Popular Dictionary of General Knowledge by George Ripley, Charles Anderson Dana (1861)
"(1808), and a select edition in 10 vois. (1824). Marmora, SEA OF (anc. ... The capital, Marmora, stands on the SW coast, and is chiefly built of wood. ..."
5. The Autobiography of a Veteran, 1807-1883 by Enrico della Rocca, Janet Ross (1898)
"AFTER leaving Victor Emanuel and La Marmora at Cer- lungo, I rode to Goito in the hopes of finding my troops. But although the night was far advanced, ..."
6. The Red Cross: A History of this Remarkable International Movement in the by Clara Barton (1898)
"... Marmora. It was twenty and a hundred years, oh blue and rolling sea, A thousand in the onward march of human liberty, Since on its sunlit bosom, ..."
7. The Ontario Reports: Containing Reports of Cases Decided in the Queen's by Ontario High Court of Justice, Ontario, High Court of Justice (1886)
"Grand Trunk RW Co 708 Clement et al., Woodward 348 Cobourg, Peterborough and Marmora RW Co. et al., Bank of Toronto. 376 Coleman. Hill et al 172 Cook. ..."