Definition of Maryland yellowthroat
1. Noun. An American warbler.
Maryland Yellowthroat Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Maryland Yellowthroat Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Maryland Yellowthroat
Literary usage of Maryland yellowthroat
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Birds of Manitoba by Ernest Thompson Seton (1891)
"shot a Maryland yellowthroat. Its song was like "Rap-pitt'ity rap ... June 8, 1884, Duck Mountain: The Maryland yellowthroat is an abundant species about ..."
2. The Century Dictionary: An Encyclopedic Lexicon of the English Language by William Dwight Whitney (1889)
"... containing certain ground-warblers, such as the abundant and familiar Maryland yellowthroat, G. trichas. There are many more species, of the warmer ..."
3. Familiar Features of the Roadside: The Flowers, Shrubs, Birds, and Insects by Ferdinand Schuyler Mathews (1897)
"Maryland yellowthroat. The Maryland yellowthroat is a regular visitor of Campton, NH Throughout the glad months of May and June he is perpetually dodging in ..."
4. The Birds of Essex County, Massachusetts by Charles Wendell Townsend (1905)
"NORTHERN YELLOW-THROAT ; Maryland yellowthroat. Abundant summer resident; May 6 ... I found a Maryland yellowthroat on December 6th, 1903, in the sand dunes ..."