Definition of Northerns
1. northern [n] - See also: northern
Lexicographical Neighbors of Northerns
Literary usage of Northerns
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Travels in Siberia: Including Excursions Northwards, Down the Obi, to the by Adolph Erman (1848)
"A SAMOYED FAMILY. LIFE IN THE WINTER TENT. PECULIAR DESIRES OF THE REINDEER. GRAVE DEMEANOUR OF THE Northerns. — THE RIVER KHA- NAMI. THE ROCKS. ..."
2. The Fine Arts by Gerard Baldwin Brown (1902)
"172. and as developed by Rembrandt and the Northerns. Rembrandt's new employment of chiaroscuro— to correspond with which he introduced in the Etching a new ..."
3. Sketches of History, Politics, and Manners, in Dublin, and the North of by John Gamble (1826)
"Society in the north of Ireland—Character of the Northerns— Instances of their success in life—Colonel T Lord Moira's commendation of Ulster—Female ..."
4. Civil Engineer and Architect's Journal (1861)
"land are all Northerns in descent, in language, and in constitution,—Northerns in every relation of life, Northerns in everything that makes either ..."