Definition of Nyiragongo
1. Noun. An active volcano in eastern Congo.
Generic synonyms: Volcano
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nyiragongo Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nyiragongo
Literary usage of Nyiragongo
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Reconfiguration of Political Order in Africa: A Case Study of North Kivu by Denis M. Tull (2005)
"... efforts to stem the destruction of large parts of the city and tens of thousands of homesteads caused by the eruption of the Nyiragongo volcano on 17 ..."
2. Views on Migration in Sub-Saharan Africa: Proceedings of an African by Catherine Cross (2007)
"Nyiragongo, one of the largest volcanoes of the active Virunga chain in the Rift Valley, has driven major population displacements in the past through ..."
3. Supporting Local Health Care in a Chronic Crisis: Management and Financing by Dennis Dijkzeul, Caroline Lynch (2006)
"Nor could it fully be destroyed by the Nyiragongo eruption. ''Novih, a Dutch NGO that is part of the Oxfam family, is the counterpart for this funding since ..."
4. Landmine Monitor Report 2002: Toward a Mine-free World by International Campaign to Ban Landmines, Human Rights Watch (Organization). (2002)
"The center is funded by churches and the Liliane Fund.72 Following the eruption of Nyiragongo volcano, in January 2002, Handicap International Belgium ..."