Definition of Oreamnos americanus
1. Noun. Sure-footed mammal of mountainous northwestern North America.
Generic synonyms: Goat Antelope
Group relationships: Genus Oreamnos, Oreamnos
Oreamnos Americanus Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Oreamnos Americanus Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Oreamnos Americanus
Literary usage of Oreamnos americanus
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington by Biological Society of Washington (1913)
"Ill, p. .">8n (new name for On« montanini ORI)). Oreamnos americanus ... Oreamnos americanus Columbia; new name. Oreamnos montanus columbianus AI. ..."
2. American Marten, Fisher, Lynx, and Wolverine: Survey Methods for Their Detection by William J. Zielinski, Thomas E. Kucera (1998)
"Where they occur, Dalí sheep (Ovis dalli) and mountain goat (Oreamnos americanus) are eaten, but less so than moose or caribou, perhaps because the ..."
3. Ecological Risk Assessment Issue Papersby DIANE Publishing Company by DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
"Similarly, the population of mountain goats (Oreamnos americanus) introduced by hunters to the mountains of Washington state's Olympic Peninsula in the ..."
4. Harmful Non-Indigenous Species in the United States (1994)
"... and Rocky Mountain goat (Oreamnos americanus) (102). State agencies have released many non-indigenous fish in the American West for similar reasons, ..."