Definition of Pierre Auguste Renoir
1. Noun. French impressionist painter (1841-1919).
Pierre Auguste Renoir Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pierre Auguste Renoir Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pierre Auguste Renoir
Literary usage of Pierre Auguste Renoir
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Promenades of an Impressionist by James Huneker (1910)
"Pierre-Auguste Renoir was born at Limoges, February 25, 1840. His father was a poor tailor with five children who went to Paris hoping to better his ..."
2. Words, Words, Words: Teaching Vocabulary in Grades 4-12 by Janet Allen (1999)
"Art for Children: Pierre-Auguste Renoir. New York: HarperTrophy. -- . 1987. Art for Children: Leonardo Da Vinci. New York: HarperTrophy. -- . 1988. ..."
3. Adventure Guide by Heather Stimmler-Hall (2004)
"The Maison Fournaise (lie des Impressionnistes, tr 01 34 80 63 221 is known to art lovers as the place where Pierre-Auguste Renoir painted The Luncheon of ..."
4. Daytrips France: 48 One Day Adventures by Rail, Bus Or Car by Earl Steinbicker (2005)
"... the enchanting country villa of the famous Impressionist painter Pierre-Auguste Renoir. Both can be seen in the same day, making this an ideal little ..."
5. Catalogue of Paintings by Bryson Burroughs (1920)
"FACING PAGE PORTRAIT OF THE ARTIST, by Rembrandt 236 MADAME CHARPENTIER AND HER CHILDREN, by Pierre Auguste Renoir 237 HON. HENRY FANE WITH H1s GUARDIANS, ..."