Definition of Protectants
1. protectant [n] - See also: protectant
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Protectants Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Protectants
Literary usage of Protectants
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Materia Medica and Therapeutics for Physicians and Students by John Barclay Biddle, Clement Biddle (1895)
"Protectants AND ABSORBENTS. Protectants of the class here considered are agents, employed externally, which shield any surface from extraneous action. ..."
2. Neem Pesticides in Rice: Potential and Limitations by L G Soon, Guan Soon Lim, Dale G. Bottrell (1994)
"Postharvest protectants Neem derivatives are often used to protect harvested grains kept in bags and stores in India (Ketkar 1987). ..."
3. Climate and Food Security: Papers Persented at the International Symposium by International Rice Research Institute, Indian National Science Academy, Indian Council of Agricultural Research (1989)
"Nontoxic chemical compounds used as selective protectants for food products ... These chemical protectants are based on physiological specificities, ..."
4. Management Guide for Low-Input Sustainable Apple Production by Lorraine P. Berkett (1994)
"For recommendations on appropriate crop protectants, rates, ... When using fungicides or other crop protectants, always read the label before using the ..."