Lexicographical Neighbors of Protecter
Literary usage of Protecter
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A History of the Parish of Leyton, Essex by John Kennedy (1894)
"A Church rate 1651—High waies rate by order of the Lord Protecter, 1654—Poor rate 1661—Parish divided 1669—Poor rate 1674—Poor rate 4t*. in the £— Robbery ..."
2. Works of the Camden Society by Camden Society (Great Britain), Royal Historical Society (Great Britain) (1898)
"... artifice into termes either to displease the pope & protecter to these f . . ... w'h or best & surest patrone & protecter. We post in hast to or asylum, ..."
3. The Living Age by Making of America Project, Eliakim Littell, Robert S. Littell (1880)
"... and backed by his power in the desert, he speedily becomes the practical ruler of the town, and from protecter of the citizens becomes their sheykh. ..."
4. The Monthly Review by Ralph Griffiths (1797)
"During the age of feudal anarchy, it was often the main pillar of police ; and it gradually melted away aj the Sovereign became the protecter of order, ..."
5. The Annual Register, Or, A View of the History, Politics, and Literature for by Edmund Burke, Benjamin Franklin Collection (Library of Congress), John Davis Batchelder Collection (Library of Congress) (1811)
"... equally provided with full powers—which Treaty is of tbe following tenor;— His Majesty the Emperor of tbe French, King of Italy, Protecter of the League ..."