Definition of Pteropus hypomelanus
1. Noun. A variety of fruit bat.
Pteropus Hypomelanus Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pteropus Hypomelanus Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pteropus Hypomelanus
Literary usage of Pteropus hypomelanus
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. List of the Vertebrated Animals Now Or Lately Living in the Gardens of the by London Zoo (London, England), Philip Lutley Sclater (1883)
"Pteropus hypomelanus, Temm. Blackish Fruit-Bat. Hit/'. Indian archipelago. a. Deposited, April 29, 1867. See PZ 8. 1868, p. 531. ..."
2. Annals and Magazine of Natural History by William Jardine (1869)
"... as inhabitants of Sarawak (and describes one of them as a new species and the type of a new subgenus), namely:— 1. Pteropus hypomelanus, Temm., var. ..."
3. Proceedings by Zoological Society of London (1858)
"... ESQ., MP ; COLLECTED IN LABUAN BY MR. JAMES MOTLEY. By ROBERT F. TOMES. 1. Pteropus hypomelanus.Temm. ..."
4. Proceedings by Zoological Society of London (1868)
"Dr. Peters, to whom the specimen, when dead, had been sent for more accurate examination, had determined it to be Pteropus hypomelanus, Temm. (cf. ..."
5. Smithsonian Miscellaneous Collections by Smithsonian Institution (1903)
"Similar to Pteropus hypomelanus and P. lepidus, but color darker and teeth smaller. Color.—Type: back dark hair-brown, sprinkled with silvery whitish hairs, ..."