Definition of Rana pipiens
1. Noun. Common North American green or brownish frog having white-edged dark oval spots.
Group relationships: Genus Rana, Rana
Generic synonyms: Ranid, True Frog
Medical Definition of Rana pipiens
1. Common European frog. This entry appears with permission from the Dictionary of Cell and Molecular Biology (11 Mar 2008)
Lexicographical Neighbors of Rana Pipiens
Literary usage of Rana pipiens
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Journal of Comparative Neurology and Psychology by Wistar Institute of Anatomy and Biology (1908)
"In his study, entitled "The nervous system of the American leopard frog, Rana pipiens, compared with that of the European frogs, Rana esculenta and Rana ..."
2. North American Anura: Life-histories of the Anura of Ithaca, New Yorkby Albert Hazen Wright by Albert Hazen Wright (1914)
"Cross-embrace of a male Rana pipiens with a female Rana palustris. The pair Rana pipiens. ... A female Rana pipiens showing the effects of 17 days'pectoral ..."
3. Biodiversity and the Management of the Madrean Archipelago: The Sky Islands edited by Leonard F. DeBano (1999)
"Rana pipiens complex: hemoglobin phenotypes of sympatric and allopatric populations in Arizona. Science 179:1334-1336. Pollock, KH, JD Nichols, C. Brownie, ..."