Definition of Rheum emodi
1. Noun. Asian herb (Himalayas).
Group relationships: Genus Rheum, Rheum
Generic synonyms: Rhubarb, Rhubarb Plant
Rheum Emodi Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Rheum Emodi Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Rheum Emodi
Literary usage of Rheum emodi
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Cyclopædia of India and of Eastern and Southern Asia: Commercial by Edward Balfour (1885)
"Polygonum polystachyum, also Rheum emodi. CHUCHO. MALAY. ... Rheum emodi, also R. palmatum ; a powder of the dried acid stalks of the rhubarb. ..."
2. The Wild Garden: Or the Naturalization and Natural Grouping of Hardy Exotic by William Robinson (1903)
"Rheum emodi. ,, palmatum. Achillea Eupatorium. Bambusa, hardiest kinds. ... Rheum emodi, and other kinds. Euphorbia Cyparissias. Datisca cannabina. ..."
3. The Indigenous Drugs of India: Short Descriptive Notices of the Principal by Kanny Lall Dey, William Mair (1896)
"The Himalayan Rhubarb is usually considered to be the produce of Rheum emodi and the allied species R. ..."
4. The Wild Garden: Or, Our Groves and Gardens Made Beautiful by the by William Robinson (1881)
"Rheum emodi. „ palmatum. Achillea Eupatorium. Bambusa falcata. Veratrum album. Yucca filamentosa. ,, flaccida. ... Rheum emodi, and other Verbascum Chaixii. ..."