Definition of Riparia
1. Noun. A genus of Hirundinidae.
Generic synonyms: Bird Genus
Group relationships: Family Hirundinidae, Hirundinidae
Member holonyms: Bank Martin, Bank Swallow, Riparia Riparia, Sand Martin
Lexicographical Neighbors of Riparia
Literary usage of Riparia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Botanical Gazette by University of Chicago, JSTOR (Organization) (1896)
"Notes on Isoetes riparia and Isoetes saccharata. T. CHALKLEY PALMER. ... Farther north /. riparia Engelm. is recorded as coming from several places, ..."
2. The Auk: Quarterly Journal of Ornithology by American Ornithologists' Union, Nuttall Ornithological Club (1899)
"HARRY C. OBERHOLSER, Washington, DC Olivicola versus Riparia. — In 'The Auk' for July. 1898, pages 271-272, Dr Coues draws attention to the fact that the ..."
3. Summarized Proceedings ... and a Directory of Members (1874)
"THE HABITS AND PARASITES OF EPEIRA Riparia, WITH A NOTE ON THE MOULTING OF NEPHILA PLUMIPES. By BG WILDER, of Ithaca, NY THE large garden spicier with black ..."
4. A History of British Birds by William Yarrell, Alfred Newton, Howard Saunders (1882)
"... its annual return is not so regularly or so generally noticed.! Indeed for some time * Hirundo riparia, ..."
5. Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science by Kansas Academy of Science (1893)
"The irait of V. riparia is ripe here in August, while that of V. cordifolia is not ripe till late in the fall. r. novo-mexicana. ..."
6. Illustrated Descriptive Catalogue of American Grape Vines: A Grape Growers by Bush & Son & Meissner (1883)
"Blou- quier & fils & Leenhardt, and others) to send him wild Riparia or Cordifolia cuttings, which bear the greatest resemblance to the Taylor, ..."
7. American Vines: Their Adaptation, Culture, Grafting, and Propagation by Pierre Viala, Louis Ravaz (1901)
"18 20 Riparia Portalis or Gloire dc Montpellier ... 18 20 Riparia Grand glabre or No. 13 of Meissner ... 18 20 Riparia Scuppernong . ..."