Definition of Sedalia
1. Noun. A town in east central Missouri.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Sedalia Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Sedalia
Literary usage of Sedalia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Transactions of the Academy of Science of Saint Louis by Academy of Science of St. Louis (1892)
"From Sedalia we have the new species described in this paper, ... The fossil Crustacea of the Sedalia limestones have a strong Devonian facies, ..."
2. Clearing Out-of-town Checks in England and the United States by James Collins Halloch (1903)
"Soon after beginning the clearance of checks on one another the Sedalia banks ... The Sedalia bankers altogether would have more checks on this bank than it ..."
3. A History of the First Regiment Iowa Cavalry Veteran Volunteers, from Its by Charles H. Lothrop (1890)
"We had a few sick which I loaded into wagons and sent to Sedalia. ... He ordered all the stores that could be removed to Sedalia. and set fire to his own ..."
4. The State of Missouri: An Autobiography by Walter Williams (1904)
"The daily press is represented at Sedalia by the Capital, ... There are three electric plants in Sedalia selling light and power, and lighting the streets, ..."