Definition of Shapley
1. Noun. United States astronomer (1885-1972).
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Shapley Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Shapley
Literary usage of Shapley
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The New England Historical and Genealogical Register by Henry Fitz-Gilbert Waters (1913)
"... born March 4th 1731* An Account of the Bathes [Births] of their children and their Selfs Henry Shapley Sr Born Febr ye 5: 1726 ..."
2. Poverty And Equity: Measurement, Policy, And Estimation With Dad by Jean-Yves Duclos (2006)
"4.6.2 A subgroup Shapley decomposition of inequality indices This decomposition involves two steps. The first one is to decompose total inequality into ..."
3. From Makin to Bougainville: Marine Raiders in the Pacific War by Jon T. Hoffman (1995)
"Shapley battalions. Liversedge, now a colonel, took charge of the new organization. A week later, Lieutenant Colonel Alan Shapley took over command of the ..."
4. Readers' Guide to Periodical Literature by Anna Lorraine Guthrie, Marion A. Knight, H.W. Wilson Company, Estella E. Painter (1920)
"MB Shapley. Astrophys J 45:182-8 Ap '17 Comparison of visual and photographic ob- ' servations of ... S. Adams and H. Shapley. Astrophys J Popular astronomy ..."
5. Records Relating to the Early History of Boston by Boston (Mass.). Registry Dept (1903)
"... that was taken from Newhaven but what Nicholas Shapley shall advise wth you & if you buy not the ... deliver unto the sd Nicholas Shapley the two ..."